Monday, June 27, 2011

Two Year Olds are Special

There is a special age between18 months until 3 1/2, when kids do not want to be photographed. Unless of course you have perfect child, in that case you do not need to read this post. clients always get so flustered and they seem to think theirs is the only only child who does this. I am here to prove my child is the worst culprit of them all. Trust me. I avoid formal photo shoots with my two year old to prevent me from losing my mind and consuming a whole bag of Oreos and crying in my room. I’m fine with other people’s two year olds, but mine hits a special nerve in me.

Example A: all I wanted for Mother’s day was a nice picture with my boys. But Nolan decided he would rather hit the baby and run away.

1IMG_0113

Example B: One day we all accidentally wore navy blue shirts. I thought it was funny so I asked my sister to take a picture. You will notice Nolan is the only one not smiling. Also I know you are wondering to yourself:  “ I had no idea the Rice’s had a pet Muskrat. When did this happen?” Folks, that is my hair, not a muskrat.

2IMG_9757

Example C: My sister sent the boys some shirst so I wanted to take a picture of them wearing their new shirts. But instead of smiling for the camera Nolan, in a fit of jealousy (he wanted to hold the baby) decided to choke Clark.

june2011 003

Example D: The above pictures were just snap shots. I finally decided to try to get a picture worthy of hanging on our wall. A much more difficult task.

Nolan always get distracted by the baby. He just loves him so much.

2Boys June 11 012

Nolan trying to escape…

2Boys June 11 016

Getting better….

1cBoys June 11 006

As good as it gets! And it only took a few chocolate chips as a bribe. This picture is hanging on my wall in the family room.

1Boys June 11 020  

This is the age where you don’t try to pose them. Just try to sneak some pictures of them being themselves. Those make the best pictures anyways. Like this priceless gem showing how much Nolan loves his baby Benton.

12Boys June 11 036

1 comments:

Nikole said...

My heart is bursting with love!!! Your boys are adorable - even when they are giving you grief!