Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Style

My style is real and natural. I am an on location photographer who uses mostly natural light for portrait sessions. I love the way natural light falls across the face and I love how you can be creative with it. While taking pictures of my oldest son, I realized how much I love the pictures that show real emotion. I was taking pictures of my son that looked nice, the lighting was great, he was looking at the camera and smiling. But I felt no emotion when I looked at these pictures. I realized that the candid, emotional pictures were my favorite. The ones that brought back memories. The sun glinting off his hair, the mischievous look in his eye, the one where he was giving his dad a kiss on the cheek. I love taking pictures of you being yourselves. These are the kinds of pictures you will treasure and keep hanging on your walls for years.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Chelsey,
I love how you describe your style and what makes a picture a "favorite"... this is exactly why you are such a great photographer! That and being an awesome person to work with :)

Chels said...

Thanks Lesley, that totally made my day!